Friday, May 10, 2013

Stila Depotted




The Stila kaleidoscope palette is my first palette depotting adventure.  I was definitely not very good at it but for the first time, I didn't think I did too badly.  I did cracked the middle pink shadow (Star) and created dents on every other eye shadow besides the dark liner shadow (Spiral).  The layout is the exact same as the other Stila 5-shadow travel palettes, which are currently on sale at Sephora and Stila (I'll link it below).  


Unfortunately these pans were not magnetic and so for the pans to stay in the Z-palette I had to put on the magnetic stickers.  The circle stickers that came with the palette were actually too big (26mm) and I ended up buying the squares ones (12.7mm x 15.7 mm) from Z-palette.  It is $6 for 30 pieces of the square ones while it is $5 for 30 pieces of the circle ones (20 pieces came with my Dome Palette purchase)




Swatch
Here's a swatch of the colors. This was done outside in the sunlight.  The colors from top to bottom are: 
Spiral: dark purple shadow with purple sparkles
Dance: matte mauve beige shadow
Star: light frosty pink shadow
Shine: frosty lavender shadow
Twirl: mauve beige shimmer shadow
Geranium: bright pink cream blush or lip color

Star is really hard to see in the photo, I actually had to layer it 3 times for it to even vaguely show up in the photo. I also had to layer Shine and Twirl a bit too. 






Product Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment