Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Round Angled Foundation Brush: Shiseido versus Missha

From their websites, these two brushes look exactly the same except for the price tag.  The Missha one is priced at $17 while the Shiseido is at $30.  However, the Missha website does have the shipping cost of $8.99, which brings the total to $25.98 and only worth it if you want to buy something else from Missha like their highly rated BB creams.  However, Missha does have free shipping for orders over $40.  As for the buying the Shiseido brush, Sephora's free shipping doesn't kick in until over $50 while for Macy's it is over $99. The Shiseido website itself provides free shipping for orders above $50.  So it all depends on what else are you going to buy.




I bought the Missha one first because I wanted to get my free bb cream for my birthday.  I didn't buy the Shiseido brush until just recently when Sephora had their special 15% off.  Hence that's why I have the packaging for the Shiseido brush and not the Missha Brush.  However, the Missha Brush does come in a similar plastic packaging.
According to their respective websites:
Missha: brush: 14~18mm / body: 105mm
Shiseido: 4.5" Long (roughly 114.3mm)

Even though these are the website measurements I still feel like the Missha one is a tad bit longer.

(Yeah, I didn't have a ruler on hand but I did have a measuring tape.  I figured I'd use the cm side considering the measurements were already in metric.  So either the website is completely wrong or my measuring tape is but the brushes look to be around 120mm)




As for the actual brush head, the Missha brush is definitely flatter and has a steeper angle than the Shiseido one.  From the top it looks like the brush heads are the same size.

The Missha directions for applying and tips to clean is located directly on the website.  However, Shiseido only has their directions and brush care on their UK site and not the US site.  On the other hand, the US site does have videos for beauty tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment