Monday, February 24, 2014

Favorite of the Month: February 2014 - Konjac Sponge


Favorites of the month items is something new that I want to try to do and that way I would regularly update my blog. There are times where I don't write anything for a month and then there are times where I post regularly twice a week. This favorite of the month type of post would hopefully keep me consistently posting at least once a month, though I really want to do more than just that. Anyways onto my favorite product of the month is the Muraqi Konjac Sponge.


The first time I have ever heard of a konjac sponge was when Boscia introduced their konjac sponge last year at Sephora. It was advertised as "pillow-soft" sponge that was made from 100% perservative-free konjac root originating from the Jeju Island in Korea, and that the konjac root was staple in Japanese beauty ritual for over a thousand years. "It is naturally alkaline and balances the acidity of the skin’s impurities and oils while being enriched with protein, carbohydrate, iron, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, and folic acid. (Sephora)" And just recently Boscia released their Konjac Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal.  was very interested in trying the product if not for the $18 price tag. However I was determine to my it on my next Sephora Haul. Luckily I came across the Muraqi Konjac Sponge during my Sasa haul, which I will reveal at a later post. At only $4.50, how could I say no? There are 2 version of the Muraqi Konjac Sponge, the original and the green tea version. I regret at only buying the original and not both considering how much I love this product. It gently exfoliates without being too harsh and irritating. I feel like it really helps cleanse my skin.



Even though the instructions are in Japanese, the pictures indicate very clearly to first moisten the sponge before massaging the face in a circular motion, and to squeeze out the excess moisture prior to hanging the sponge up to let it air dry.

Product Links:
Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge: Sephora, Boscia
Boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge with Bamboo Charcoal: Sephora, Boscia
Muraqi Konjac Sponge: Sasa
Muraqi Green Tea Konjac Sponge: Sasa







No comments:

Post a Comment