Monday, June 17, 2013

depotting urban decay bamboo palette




Also known as the eco-friendly "Sustainable Shadow Box".  I bought it at Ulta on sale for around $15.  This package contains the bamboo palette with 10 shadows, and a travel size eye-shadow primer.  It swivels opens.  The actual palette is pretty thin and contains 10 shadows, one small eyeshadow brush, and a small mirror.  As you see on the back of the palette, each shadow is 0.56g (0.02 US oz).



Even though it was pretty thin, I decided to depot it into my Z-palette.  I didn't like the swivel effect since it damaged the two eye shadows at the end (you can see a line going down the "Twice Baked" and the "Half Baked" shadows.
At first I was thinking about just ripping the purple paper, but that turned out to be too much of a hassle.  So I did what I did with the Stila palette, and just wedged the shadows out.





So 3 out of 10 damaged, with the worst being the "Twice Baked".  I managed to indent the "YDK" shadow.  As for the "Oil Slick", I didn't feel too bad considering I hardly ever use black eyeshadow.







It fits neatly next to my Stila depots.  And it looks like I can fit a lot more stuff in my Z-palette.














No comments:

Post a Comment